Pricing: A 250ml tub retails at INR 275. So, I’d say the pricing is fair.
Fragrance: This cream smells pleasant and sweet just like sweetened cocoa butter. I really love the smell. Unfortunately, it’s not long lasting.
Physical Attributes: This cream is white in colour and is packed in a screwtop plastic jar which makes accessibility very easy and ensures zero wastage of product. But it is true, tubes have better hygiene and are easier to carry around. But, I prefer tubs and jars unless I’m buying a product exclusively for travel.
Ingredients: Water, Mineral Oil, Glycerin, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, Alcohol Denat., Glyceryl Stearate SE, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter, Tocopheryl Acetate, Dimethicone, Hydrogenated Cocoglycerides, Sodium Cetearyl Sulfate, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance, Carbomer, Sodium Hydroxide, Methylparaben, BHT.
- Intensive nourishing cream that provides moisture for up to 48 hours.
- It features a non-sticky formula that intensively nourishes for irresistibly soft skin.
- Enriched with cocoa butter and vitamin E to deliver deep and long lasting hydration.
- Leaves your skin delectably fragranced with the soothing scent of sweet cocoa.
Experience: Let’s examine those claims now, shall we?
- It provides intense nourishment and moisture for sure.
- Skin becomes soft and supple.
- It is not overtly greasy like body butters and oils but it is not too mild like gels and lotions. It is somewhere in between but tilts more towards the greasy end of the spectrum. That’s great in my books because that translates to more nourishment and moisture.
- Although it provides intense moisture, it is easy to apply just like a light cream.
- It’s for people who have dry skin but dont want to deal with the trouble of applying a butter or oil that is a task to apply.
- It is not sticky or tacky.
- It is easily available.
- That’s a lot of product in a big jar so it should last you a while even if you have parched skin and use moisturizers a lot, the quantity is great.
- It’s not for people who are used to body gels and yogurts or even light lotions because this one is on the heavier side.
- It’s great for night use just before bed. But it may be a bit too much for day use or to go to work with.
Verdict: I am extremely pleased with this body cream and definitely see myself repurchasing this over and over and over again especially considering the value-for-money aspect. This has become one of my favourite skincare items now.
Stay Beautiful, Inside Out! RUELHA © 2020 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
All information and media posted on this blog has been corroborated by me. I have put in a lot of effort, time and careful consideration to create articles, reviews, tutorials etc. All of my content is original and protected by copyright law. Please do not use my content or pictures/videos without my explicit permission. This blog solely manifests my own personal opinions and is uninfluenced by any company, brand or external party. I do not promote Nivea products and am not compensated for this review. I personally own and have purchased this product. I cannot guarantee it will work in the same way for you as it worked for me. Please exercise caution and keep your specific conditions/skin, hair and body type in mind while trying out new products. Some of my articles may become obsolete or perhaps the article has content derived from past experiences and/or memories. Hence, I cannot guarantee that the information is recent or relevant. I am not a licensed professional and do not hold any certificates in the topics posted. It is a good idea to contact the manufacturer for exact specifications and/or upgrades.