I live in Chennai, India where it is extremely hot and humid throughout the year. Yes, we have seasons summer, monsoon and winter. But let me translate that for you : hot, hotter, hottest! Because we are a coastal region, it is always humid. That means my face is always battling grease, sweat and enlarged open pores, whiteheads and acne. Here are a few face washes that work for me and help me get all the grease out. I haven’t prepared a big list because although I have tried numerous products, these are the ones I prefer and work best in my opinion. Also, some lovely products are no longer available. So my list is short and simple. Please remember, as always, these recommendations are not sponsored. I actually use these face washes. They were purchased for my personal use.
- Himalaya Fresh Start Oil Clear Strawberry Face Wash :
- It is available in 3 sizes. The 50ml tube is priced at INR 75, INR 140 for the 100ml tube and the 200ml pump sells for INR225.
- It smells deliciously intoxicating, just like sweetened strawberries. The fragrance disappears within an hour, which is pretty good for a face wash. They have 3 more variants : blueberry, lemon and peach. They feel the same and have the same effect. They only differ in fragrance and packaging.
- It contains the goodness of strawberries and gooseberries, supposedly. Honestly, all the fancy active ingredients in face washes don’t really help too much because they get washed away.
- It lathers pretty decently. Not foamy at all but enough to strip away excess oil and sebum.
- It is a drugstore product and is easily available in India.
- It has some beads that feel like strawberry seeds, but of course, they are not. It does not really exfoliate and isn’t very good if you intend using it solely as a scrub.
- It contains salicylic acid and cleanses well, feels extremely fresh, removed excess oil, sebum, impurities.
- The company claims all their products are herbal and natural, a combination of ayurveda and modern technology.
- If you have very dry skin or are using acids and peels and active ingredients in high concentrations, this is not the face wash for you. But under normal circumstances, it’s great for oily skin, combination skin, normal skin and even acne prone skin. I have combination skin and I love this product because it makes my face squeaky clean and fresh. I highly recommend it.
- Himalaya Purifying Neem Face Wash
- I use this face wash in the winters or when my skin feels dry. This neem face wash by Himalaya is amazing because it very effectively removes excess oil and impurities without drying out your face too much. It’s unlike most moisturising cleansers that dont cleanse at all and still feel greasy and icky. This one gets the job done. Your face still feels fresh and smooth, yet not dry at all.
- It is great for normal to dry skin or even mature or sensitive skin.
- It is a soap free formula and does not contain sulphate and parabens.
- It is gentle and highly recommended for people with acne.
- It contains the goodness of turmeric and neem.
- The pricing is fair. You get 200ml for INR190 while a 50ml tube costs INR 65. Sometimes I buy the tiny 15ml tubes which cost INR 15 each. They are great when you are travelling.
I hope my experience and review benefitted you in some way and you find a good face wash that suits your need.
Stay Beautiful, Inside Out! - RUELHA www.ruelha.com