So, I have a tiny freezer and it’s kinda overstuffed. I had 2 packets of bone-in curry cut chicken in there occupying a lot of space. I just defrosted and organized my fridge two days ago. So, I’m looking forward to not having items jump out at me like they want to commit suicide from a cliff! So, I thawed the meat. And I have some coriander leaves that have begun to look dehydrated. Time to finish up these ingredients and put them to good use! Normally, I’d make a green masala Chicken or Fish curry or even a Coriander Rice or Poha. But, I love experimenting and honestly, I don’t have sufficient greens for such dishes. So, I came up with this. It’s not green and not dominated with that typical coriander taste. But, it’s different and unique. It is super delicious. Some days I just want to pat myself on the back, you know!
- 10-12cloves of garlic
- 1.5″ ginger
- 5 green chilies
- 1/2 bunch fresh coriander
- 3 medium onions
- 4 medium tomatoes
- 3/4 tsp garam masala powder
- salt to taste
- 500 gms chicken, bone-in
- Roughly chop the vegetables and keep ready. Wash and clean the chicken.
- Heat a small amount of oil in a pan, add the onions, ginger, garlic and chilies with salt.
- Once cooked, add the tomatoes and cook followed by a thickener if so desired.
- Grind along with coriander stems and leaves to a smooth paste.
- Heat the pan again. Do not add any oil. The masala is already cooked. This dish barely drinks up any oil. Add the masala paste along with the chicken pieces and cook.
- Add the garam masala and adjust salt if required.
I hope you enjoy cooking and eating/serving my dish. Bon Appetit!
-RUELHA www.ruelha.com © Copyright Protected. All Rights Reserved