- 2tbsp cooking oil
- 1 cup baby prawns/kardi
- 6 cloves of garlic
- 1/4″ ginger
- 1 green chili
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 tsp corriander seeds
- 1/2 tsp poppy seeds
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 3 peppercorns
- 2 cloves
- 1/2″ cinnamon stick
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 small raw mango, cubed/chunks
- 1/2 cup thick extract of coconut milk
- 1-2tsp any flour to thicken
- salt to taste
- Grind all the ingredients mentioned in green text and keep aside.
- Heat a vessel/kadhai and add some oil.
- Once hot, add the sliced onion and sauté until translucent.
- Add the raw mango pieces followed by the masala paste.
- Fry the masala and add water in between to prevent burning or drying out.
- Once the raw smell of the spices disappears, add the prawns.
- Prawns cook really quickly. They will become more opaque and brighter once cooked.
- Add salt and flour as per liking.
This dish was prepared by my mother who likes doing things the traditional way. I prefer to fry the onions and grind them with the spices for a smoother and thicker gravy. You can choose to do it either way.
My mom has used tiny baby shrimp. You can replace it with any other type of prawn/shrimp/seafood.
I hope you enjoy cooking and eating/serving this dish.
-RUELHA www.ruelha.com © Copyright Protected. All Rights Reserved.