I’m pretty certain everyone knows cabbage is extremely healthy. It has so much fiber and an insane amount of vitamin C. Yes, a whole lot more than many fruits too. They are a powerhouse of vitamins, minerals and antioxidants reducing inflammation, thereby keeping your cells and your skin younger and healthier. It is so affordable and easily available throughout the country. There is so much you can do with cabbage. I have made many fancy dishes using this humble vegetable. But, today I bring you a simple, quick, easy and extremely healthy way to cook this guy with just a handful of ingredients. So let’s get started.
- 1 cabbage, sliced
- 1 green or red capsicum/bell pepper, sliced(optional)
- 1.5 tbsp cooking oil
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- a pinch of asafoetida/hing
- 3/4th tsp turmeric powder
- seasonings, as per taste
- Chop all the vegetables and keep them ready. Gather all your ingredients.
- Heat a non stick pan/kadhai. Add some oil. I like cold pressed sesame as it’s extremely healthy and imparts a subtle flavour to blander dishes. You can use any cooking oil that you have in your kitchen.
- When the oil is hot enough, add the mustard seeds and let them crackle.
- Add the hing followed by the sliced vegetables. Keep on tossing them around.
- Add the turmeric powder and seasonings.
- This is a dry dish so you will not add any water.
- Refrain from overcooking as it will ruin the texture of this vegetable and you will lose some nutrition as well.
I hope you enjoy cooking and eating/serving this dish.
-RUELHA www.ruelha.com © Copyright Protected. All Rights Reserved.