This is one of the first few things I learned to cook. It’s been a dozen years now and I make this so often because it’s so easy and simple and delicious at the same time. It’s an amateur level dish and just about anyone who can handle a knife and heat safely can make this.
- 3 tbsp+ cooking oil
- 1 tsp Mustard seeds
- A spring, Curry leaves
- 4 medium Potatoes, fine cubes
- Salt to taste
- 1/2tsp Turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp-1.25 tsp Red chilli powder (adjust as per heat tolerance)
- Keep all your ingredients ready beforehand. So wash, peel and chop the potatoes and clean the curry leaves. Now you can proceed with the recipe which just flows.
- Heat a nonstick pan/kadhai. Add oil.
- Once the oil is hot, add the mustard seeds and let them splutter. Add the curry leaves thereafter. Remember, this happens just too quickly so don’t wait too long or you’ll burn your oil and spices.
- Add the cubed potatoes and fry. Sprinkle some salt (to release water from the vegetables faster so your veggies will also cook quicker😉)
- After the poatatoes fry a little, you can add your spice powders and fry for a few seconds. Make sure you spread the spices evenly and coat all the potatoes. Toss them around a while.
- Now you can close your pan with a lid and let the additional steam help cook your potatoes. Keep it on a very low flame.
- Keep opening and stirring in between. Remember potatoes may take a while to cook. So keep checking.
- Enjoy your spicy potatoes with any main course.
-RUELHA www.ruelha.com © Copyright Protected. All Rights Reserved.