Attributes: This mask is white in colour and has the consistency of a regular conditioner. It is neither too thick nor too runny. It is housed in a wide-mouthed har that provides for easy access right up to the bottom of the jar. There is no room for wastage this way. The jar is sturdy and attractive with a nice jet black packaging. It is definitely not travel friendly but you can always scoop out a small portion and store in a smaller sized container if you intend to carry it along on your trips.
Pricing: There is just one size available. 300ml for INR 775.
Ingredients: Aqua (Water), Sodium Lauretha Sulphate, Disodium Cocoamphodiacetate, Sodium Chloride, PEG-12 Dimethicone, Polyquaternium-10, Cocodimonium Hydroxypropyl Hydrolysed Keratin, Hydrolysed Keratin, Panthenol, Citric Acid, Laureth-2, Sodium Benzoate, PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Parfum (Fragrance), Propylene Glycol, PEG-55 Propylene Glycol Oleate, Hydrogenated Castor Oil, PEG-14M, Mica, Hexyl Cinnamal, Linalool, Limonene, Sodium Sulphate, CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide)
- It has a mild breezy ocean-like fragrance with fruity undertones which is extremely pleasant. It’s difficult to describe the fragrance any further but it is not irritating. It is not lingering but it gives you a pleasant shower experience. That goes for the entire range: shampoo, conditioner and this mask.
- It smoothens hair.
- It makes hair a whole lot more manageable.
- Gives you the feel of a hairwash post an oil soak.
- The mask helps to detangle hair very well.
- Helps to control frizz.
- Makes hair silky and smooth and shiny.
- I overdid it twice. I uses excess product and thought my hair would become like that of Rapunzel. But it just weighed it down and made it rather greasy. So remember, too much product isn’t a good thing with this one here.
- Has a very long shelf life.
- This product is imported. The one I received came all the way from Turkey.
- I know it says ‘ultimate repair’ and ‘damage control’. But come on people, let’s not buy into the sales and marketing gimmicks. Let’s have realistic expectations here. It definitely prevents further damage with regular use. You’ll need to stick with the same shampoo and conditioner/mask for a while to experience that. You can’t keep jumping from one product to another if you want this to work for you. Loyalty counts as something!
- I’m not a tricologist or a dermatologist or anything that qualifies me to give you a scientific of precise explanation. But, I’ll give you my pearls of wisdom that I observed through valuable experience. Now, keratin is a type of hair protein. Damaged hair has cracks and lacerations and splits. We are talking about individual hair strands now. Products containing keratin go and attach themselves to those tears and appear to fuse the damage thereby creating a strand that is less coarse and rough. Keratin forms a thin layer on the entire hair length protecting your natural hair and creating something like a barrier from the harsh effects of the environment. Of course, all of that is temporary. It lasts for anything between 24-72 hours. So for lasting results, remember one of my previous points?…use it regularly and faithfully. This ain’t Tinder! So by the time the older layer is wearing off, you can add on a new coat of keratin! That’s how it works.
- You must understand one thing though. Keratin binds to hair only when the temperature is very very very hot. That’s impossible to achieve at home. And it isn’t a good idea to subject your natural hair to heat trauma only to add a layer of unnatural keratin. So don’t expect all of your strands to be repaired perfectly and filled in with the smoothness of keratin. Be realistic. This product will fill in a wee bit and that’s as much as any home product can do for you.
- This product does improve the tensile strength and resistance of hair in my opinion. So hair is less phone to breakage.
- All 7 variants from Schwarzkopf’s Gliss Hair Repair contain liquid keratin. That is why it is aptly named ‘Hair Repair’. This black jar, the ‘Ultimate Repair’ variant contains three times the amount of keratin that the other 6 variants contain. So it is focused on repair more than shine and smoothening(silicones), colour retention(PH levels), tenacity(collagen) and moisturizing(oils/hyaluronic acid) etc. It is for those who need to repair their hair and focus on hair health rather than colour/shine.
- If you want a cheaper alternative, my all time favourite is coconut oil. Use it before your wash. It fills in the cracks and gaps too and smoothness hair until your next wash! It’s a whole lot cheaper.
Claims by the Manufacturer: Gliss Hair Repair System with Keratin Serum gives you the power to achieve beautiful, healthier-looking hair! It combines hair identical keratin and a powerful cell-shield for a two-fold action. It repairs existing damage and prevents future damage by fortifying the cell structure and fighting free radicals. Our best repair ever: prevents damage before it happens, for long-lasting beautiful hair. To specifically serve the needs of heavily damaged, very dry hair, the ULTIMATE REPAIR range is enriched with 3 x LIQUID KERATIN to precisely refill lost Keratin & restore the hair structure.
Verdict: I definitely like this hair mask. But honestly, I don’t see much difference between the conditioner and the mask. The conditioner is a whole lot cheaper so maybe I’ll buy the shampoo and conditioner again but I’ll skip the mask. It’s a good one though.
Happy Hair Days to you! RUELHA
All information and media posted on this blog has been corroborated by me. I have put in a lot of effort, time and careful consideration to create articles, reviews, tutorials etc. All of my content is original and protected by copyright law. Borrowed pictures have been given credit and the source of those images have been listed for your reference. Please do not use my content or pictures/videos without my explicit permission. This blog solely manifests my own personal opinions and is uninfluenced by any company, brand or external party. I do not promote Schwarzkopf am not compensated for this review. I personally own and have purchased this shampoo. I cannot guarantee that this product will work in the same way they have worked for me. Please exercise caution and keep your specific conditions/skin, hair and body type in mind while trying out new products. Some of my articles may become obsolete or perhaps the article has content derived from past experiences and/or memories. Hence, I cannot guarantee that the information is recent or relevant. I am not a licensed professional and do not hold any certificates in the topics posted. Thank you for stopping by.