- The packaging is extremely good. The serum is housed in a good quality, dark-tinted glass bottle. This bottle is packed inside a well-fitted sturdy paper box which is then sealed with a plastic casing for protection and safety. I like that.
- It is sold in a screw-top bottle with a pump attachment. One press will give you sufficient quantity for your entire face.
- Once you finish most of the product, accessing the bottom end is difficult, but you can stop relying on the pump and unscrew the lid to drain the last bits.
- There is a safety lid that locks the pump in place to prevent accidental spills and wastage.
- The bottle is proportional to the serum it houses and thus, very travel friendly.
- The serum itself is transparent with a very slight whitish hue.
- Has a 2 year shelf life.
Pricing: A 20ml bottle used to retail at INR 1799 up until last month, if I’m correct. Yes, that’s expensive. But they always had some discounts or offers on their website and in stores too. I purchased mine for 849 both the times. But they have recently launched a new packaging. They changed the print on their paper box and now it retails at INR 999! The rest of it remains the same – just the print and the fact that they declare the concentration of HA now. But again, the maximum discount available anywhere is INR 849. Makes me really admire their marketing team!😆🙈
Ingredients: Purified Water, Botanical Hyaluronic Acid (Cassia Angustifolia Seed Polysaccharide), Dimethyl Sulfone (MSM), Vegetable Glycerine, Aloevera (Aloe Barbadensis) Leaf Extract, Sodium ascorbyl phosphate (Vitamin C), Witch Hazel (Hamamelis Virginiana Extract), Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Jojoba (Simmondsia Chinensis) Cold Pressed Oil, Green Tea (Camellia Sinensis) Extract, Gotu Kola (Centella Asiatica) Extract, Horsetail (Equisetum Arvense) Extract, Di Sodium EDTA, Sodium Benzoate, Potassium sorbate, Geranium (Rose Geranium) Essential Oil).
Hyaluronic Acid – Hyaluronic acid holds moisture into the skin and makes skin supple and smooth.
Geranium Essential Oil – Geranium essential oil is known for its antiseptic and anti-inflammatory effects on the skin.
Jojoba Oil – Jojoba oil works as the natural sebum and is known for its antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties.
Vitamin C – Vitamin C helps in collagen synthesis and minimizes elasticity loss due to exposure to the UV rays of the sun.
Vitamin E – Vitamin E helps to improve the barrier function of the skin and keeps the skin moisturized.
Aloe Vera – Packed with vitamins, minerals, enzymes, and amino acids, aloe vera gel hydrates and nourishes the skin.
Green Tea– Green Tea works as a mild astringent and protects against free radical-induced skin damage.
- If you don’t already know, hyaluronic acid is the ‘in’ thing in skincare. It is the most hyped ingredient for good reason. It has the capacity to hold 1000 times its weight in water so skin stays hydrated and supple.
- That being said, hyaluronic acid on its own is somewhat useless in my opinion. Unless you follow up with a good moisturizer that can be infused into your skin, there’s really no point.
- This serum smells exactly like rose water. I’m not really impressed with rose essence, but it’s not annoying or stinky either.
- It’s almost like a thin gel….actually somewhere between gel and water/essence. Since there are no oils, it is instantly and easily absorbed by the skin in no time penetrating deeper layers of skin too.
- Contains natural plant-based pure and stable hyaluronic acid which is easily absorbed by skin cells.
- Regular use evens out skin tone and keeps skin well hydrated and smooth if used in conjunction with a good moisturizer.
- I wouldn’t go so far to say that it makes wrinkles disappear because no extrenal product really can. Good hydrated, plump skin which is holding a good amount of water beneath it will iron out creases in a way that makes them appear less visible. They never disappear. For that matter, no other cream will do that for you either. So this isn’t really a negative.
- This product come with a note that says ‘proudly made in India’. So if you avoiding foreign purchases, this may interest you.
- It is advisable to use this facial serum once or twice a day in the morning and before bedtime.
- Though this face serum is packed with moisturizing ingredients such as hyaluronic acid, aloe vera, etc and helps to keep the skin hydrated, it is not the same as a traditional moisturizer or face cream. Moisturizing lotions and creams create a thicker barrier on the surface of the skin for enhanced protection. So it is advisable to apply moisturizer on top of this serum especially in case of skin that is dry.
- The ingredients in the serum are present in their highest concentration. Therefore, you need only a small amount of serum, about two to three drops to ensure effectiveness. One press of the pump will ensure adequate amount.
- It is always advisable to do a patch test before using this serum for the first time because it contains highky concentrate active ingredients.
- The manufacturer recommends it to be used under eyes as well. I have used it around my eyes and found no irritation.
Manufacturer’s Claims: This fast-absorbing hydration boosting and skin-nourishing facial serum soothes and brightens the skin and helps to improve skin tone and texture. The presence of plant-based hyaluronic acid in its highest concentration in the serum provides maximum benefits. For all skin types including, those with sensitive skin. Formula is vegan, paraben-free, silicon free
St.Botanica Hyaluronic Acid Facial Serum enriched with Vitamins C & E has the ability to increase the level of moisture in the skin, resulting in plumper, smoother, younger-looking skin. It helps to improve skin elasticity and minimizes collagen loss from the delicate areas of the facial skin. Natural oils and plant extracts in the serum work synergistically to enhance your complexion. They help in repairing the everyday micro-damages due to exposure to the UV rays, pollution, and harsh environmental elements. 100% pure and stable hyaluronic acid in the serum helps in replenishing your skin’s hyaluronic acid reserve that tends to deplete with age. Incorporating this facial serum in your daily skincare routine helps to delay skin aging and reduces the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, and hyperpigmentation. It softens the skin and boosts skin radiance. Free from mineral oil, paraben, phthalate, silicone and other toxic chemicals, the serum suits all types of skin. This is a cruelty-free vegan product. St.Botanica is a part of PETA’s Beauty without Bunnies program, and its products are not tested on animals.
Verdict: St. Botanica Hyaluronic Acid + Vitamin C & E Professional Facial serum gets a thumbs up from me. I definitely see myself re-purchasing this product. I have already gone through one full bottle and this is the second one here.
Stay Beautiful, Inside Out, RUELHA www.ruelha.com
All information and media posted on this blog has been corroborated by me. I have put in a lot of effort, time and careful consideration to create articles, reviews, tutorials etc. All of my content is original and protected by copyright law. Please do not use my content or pictures/videos without my explicit permission. This blog solely manifests my own personal opinions and is uninfluenced by any company, brand or external party. I do not promote any brand or product and am not compensated by any of these. I personally own and have purchased every product that I have used, sampled and/or reviewed. I cannot guarantee that these products will work in the same way they have worked for me. Please exercise caution and keep your specific conditions/skin, hair and body type in mind while trying out new products. Some of my articles may become obsolete or perhaps the article has content derived from past experiences and/or memories. Hence, I cannot guarantee that the information is recent or relevant. I am not a licensed professional and do not hold any certificates in the topics posted.