Physical Attributes : The shampoo is a whitish in colour. It has a good consistency. The conditioner is white in colour too and has the texture and consistency of a regular commercial conditioner.
Fragrance: It has a mild breezy ocean smell with fruity undertones which is extremely pleasant. It’s difficult to describe the fragrance any further but it is not irritating. It is not lingering but it gives you a pleasant shower experience. That goes for both – the shampoo as well as the conditioner.
Pricing: The shampoo costs INR399 for 400ml and the conditioner is sold at the same price i.e. INR399 for 400ml. That’s 1 buck for every milliliter. The pricing is a bit above average, I’d say. Because most drugstore shampoos fit in the 220-280 range. This is a wee bit more. But this is a brand that specializes in haircare and their products are top quality. So a really good quality product that works wonders at this price point is just lovely. Because there are brands that charge you three and four times for the same amount of product and are just a waste of time and ….tears….and hair!
Ingredients: This shampoo contains sulphates. Here is the full list of ingredients:
- Sodium Laureth Sulfate
- Cocamidopropyl Betaine
- Sodium Chloride
- PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate
- Guar Hydroxypropyl trimonium Chloride
- Hydrolyzed Keratin
- Tocopheryl Acetate
- Simmondsia Chinensis Seed Oils
- Disodium Cocoamphodiacetate
- Sodium Benzoate
- Citric Acid
- PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil
- Cocamide MEA
- Hydrogenated Castor Oil
These are the ingredients in the conditioner:
- Cetearyl Alcohol
- Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine
- Distearoylethyl Hydroxyethylmonium Methosulfate
- Isopropyl Myristate
- Hydrolyzed Keratin
- Tocopheryl Acetate
- Citric Acid
- Propylene Glycol
- Sodium Methylparaben
- Dicaprylyl Carbonate
Variants: There are 6 other variants from this range. Million Gloss (turquoise), Magnificent Strength (peach), Intense Therapy (purple), Colour Protect and Shine (red), Total Repair (white), Ultimate Oil Elixir (pale yellow). This one (Ultimate Repair) is black in colour.
Experience: Let’s combine the experience of the shampoo and conditioner.
- The consistency of the shampoo is perfect. Does not need to be diluted much. It is neither too thick nor too thin.
- It lathers very well.
- Yes, the SLS is evident with that good lather. But sulphates are bad because they dry hair and scalp. This shampoo does not have any drying effect. So I do not have any problem with the sulphates in it.
- You won’t need excess product because it gives you a good amount of lather with just a little amount of product.
- The shampoo does not tangle the hair.
- The shampoo does not dry the hair or scalp. In fact it does the opposite.
- It smoothens hair.
- It makes hair a whole lot more manageable.
- Gives you the feel of a hairwash post an oil soak.
- The conditioner detangles hair very well
- Helps to control frizz.
- Makes hair silky and smooth and shiny.
- Has a very long shelf life.
- This product is imported. The one I received came all the way from Turkey.
- The bottles are sturdy and do not leak.
- But they are only available as tall 400ml bottles which is not very travel friendly.
- I know it says ‘ultimate repair’ and ‘damage control’. But come on people, let’s not buy into the sales and marketing gimmicks. Let’s have realistic expectations here. It definitely prevents further damage with regular use. You’ll need to stick with the same shampoo and conditioner for a while to experience that. You can’t keep jumping from one shampoo to another if you want this to work for you. Loyalty counts for something!
- I’m not a tricologist or a dermatologist or anything that qualifies me to give you a scientific of precise explanation. But, I’ll give you my Pearl’s of wisdom that I observed through valuable experience. Now keratin is a type of hair protein. Damaged hair has cracks and lacerations and splits. We are talking about individual hair strands now. Products containing keratin go and attach themselves to those tears and appear to fuse the damage thereby creating a strand that is less coarse and rough. Keratin forms a thin layer on the entire hair length protecting your natural hair and creating something like a barrier from the harsh effects of the environment. Of course, all of that is temporary. It lasts for anything between 24-72 hours. So for lasting results, remember one of my previous points?…use it regularly and faithfully. This ain’t Tinder! So by the time the older layer is wearing off, you can add on a new coat of keratin! That’s how it works.
- You must understand one thing though. Keratin binds to hair only when the temperature is very very very hot. That’s impossible to achieve at home. And it isn’t a good idea to subject your natural hair to heat trauma only to add a layer of unnatural keratin. So don’t expect all of your strands to be repaired perfectly and filled in with the smoothness of keratin. Be realistic. This product will fill in a wee bit and that’s as much as any home product can do for you.
- This product does improve the tensile strength and resistance of hair in my opinion. So hair is les phone to breakage.
- All 7 variants from Schwarzkopf’s Gliss Hair Repair contain liquid keratin. That is why it is aptly named ‘Hair Repair’. This black bottle, the ‘Ultimate Repair’ variant contains three times the amount of keratin that the other 6 variants contain. So it focused on repair more than shine and smoothening(silicones), colour retention(PH levels), tenacity(collagen) and moisturizing(oils/hyaluronic acid) etc. It is for those who need to repair their hair and focus on hair health rather than colour/shine.
- If you want a cheaper alternative, my all time favourite is coconut oil. Use it before your wash. It fills in the cracks and gaps too and smoothness hair until your next wash! It’s a whole lot cheaper.
Claims by the Manufacturer: Gliss Hair Repair System with Keratin Serum gives you the power to achieve beautiful, healthier-looking hair! It combines hair identical keratin and a powerful cell-shield for a two-fold action. It repairs existing damage and prevents future damage by fortifying the cell structure and fighting free radicals.
Our best repair ever: prevents damage before it happens, for long-lasting beautiful hair. To specifically serve the needs of heavily damaged, very dry hair, the ULTIMATE REPAIR range is enriched with 3 x LIQUID KERATIN to precisely refill lost Keratin & restore the hair structure.
Verdict: The shampoo and conditioner from Schwarzkopf’s Gliss Hair Repair Ultimate Repair range is amazing. I will definitely repurchase these. I have no negative observations except that it contains SLS and if that bothers you, you may want to stay away form this.
Happy Hair Days to you! RUELHA
All information and media posted on this blog has been corroborated by me. I have put in a lot of effort, time and careful consideration to create articles, reviews, tutorials etc. All of my content is original and protected by copyright law. Borrowed pictures have been given credit and the source of those images have been listed for your reference. Please do not use my content or pictures/videos without my explicit permission. This blog solely manifests my own personal opinions and is uninfluenced by any company, brand or external party. I do not promote Schwarzkopf am not compensated for this review. I personally own and have purchased this shampoo. I cannot guarantee that this product will work in the same way they have worked for me. Please exercise caution and keep your specific conditions/skin, hair and body type in mind while trying out new products. Some of my articles may become obsolete or perhaps the article has content derived from past experiences and/or memories. Hence, I cannot guarantee that the information is recent or relevant. I am not a licensed professional and do not hold any certificates in the topics posted. Thank you for stopping by.