About the brand: Aromatherapy Associates believes that an enriching aromatherapy experience nurtures the skin, mind and body from within. Aromatherapy Associates are known for their luxury bath, body and skincare products that are formulated with natural ingredients and essential oils that work on a deeper level to allow your natural radiance and beauty to shine through to give glowing, radiant skin.
Pricing: This is a rather expensive lotion to buy. But I’ll be honest with you. The one you see in the pictures is a free sample. It is priced at around INR3070 for just 300ml. That’s at least ten times the price of a regular lotion.
Ingredients: aqua (water), prunus amygdalus dulcis (sweet almond) oil, stearic acid, glycerin, isopropyl palmitate, cetearyl alcohol, dimethicone, xanthan gum, lavandula angustifolia (lavender) oil, cinnamomum camphora (ho wood) oil, parfum (pure essential oil) cananga odorata (ylang ylang) oil, glycine soja(soybean) oil, tocopherol, benzyl alcohol, geraniol, linalool, limonene, natural essential oil contents, natural plant extracts
Observations: I have sampled this many times before as well and I’m acquainted with this product. I’ll just list everything here – the good, the bad and the ugly…all of it.
- This lotion moisturizes with a balancing and refreshing aroma of Ho wood, Lavender and Ylang Ylang. The lavender in this lotion is not at all subtle. It is very evident and powerful in a good way. This is an extremely fragrant lotion. The thing is, I prefer gourmand and oriental-floral notes, even fruity top notes at times. Lavender is a very clean, crisp, assertive, powerful and professional kind of scent. I don’t hate it or even dislike it for that matter. But, it’s not my preference either. It is a very safe bet for gifting purposes though. A lot of people like lavender, and not many people in the world like diabetically sweet gourmand scents. But it’s just a matter of taste. But yes, statistically speaking lavender is preferred by the general population and is a safe scent.
- It is not at all thick and is tilting towards the ‘runny’ end of the spectrum. It is not runny in a watery way, but just lighter and very easy to spread all over.
- This lotion contains shea butter which is a very good ingredient with supple moisturizing qualities.
- It is easily absorbed very quickly by the skin and does not leave any residue at all.
- This lotion is non greasy and not oily, yet moisturising.
- This nourishing and hydrating lotion is suitable for all skin types as per the company.
- This lotion contains the mood uplifting qualities of essential oils. So that is definitely an additional positive.
Verdict: This is definitely a good lotion if you prefer a non greasy lotion of a thinner consistency. But it is expensive and may not be to your liking if you do not like lavender.
Stay Beautiful, Inside Out! - RUELHA
All information and media posted on this blog has been corroborated by me. I have put in a lot of effort, time and careful consideration to create articles, reviews, tutorials etc. All of my content is original and protected by copyright law. Borrowed pictures have been given credit and the source of those images have been listed for your reference. Please do not use my content or pictures/videos without my explicit permission. This blog solely manifests my own personal opinions and is uninfluenced by any company, brand or external party. I do not promote any brand or product and am not compensated by any of these. I personally own and have purchased every product that I have used, sampled and/or reviewed. I cannot guarantee that these products will work in the same way they have worked for me. Please exercise caution and keep your specific conditions/skin, hair and body type in mind while trying out new products. Some of my articles may become obsolete or perhaps the article has content derived from past experiences and/or memories. Hence, I cannot guarantee that the information is recent or relevant. I am not a licensed professional and do not hold any certificates in the topics posted. Always check with the manufacturer or your retailer for accurate information. Thank you for stopping by.