Pricing: This product is available in one size only. A bottle containing 300ml of lotion costs INR 450. It is definitely not a luxury brand. But, it isn’t a simple drugstore/FMCG product either. I got this exactly three months ago during a sale for INR 360.
Category: When it comes to body moisturizers, this is the usual breakdown. I think this little additional piece of information will help people understand better. So if I were to go in ascending order from light to heavy, this is how it would go:
- Body Yogurt
- Body Milk
- Body Lotion
- Body Cream
- Body Butter
Of course, every brand follows their own rules and yogurts are a relatively new thing. But, now that we’ve established a lotion is meant to be somewhere in between. It’s not too greasy and not too heavy either. There are thicker consistency heavier lotions as well as lighter versions. So, I would categorize Nykaa’s Wanderlust as a lightweight body lotion. It’s not greasy, is almost instantly absorbed by skin and leaves no residue.
Information on the Nykaa’s Wanderlust range: Nykaa Wanderlust Bath & Body Collection bottles up fragrances from around the world that still linger at the back of you head with hopes of filling your heart with travel/vacation memories/plans with this line whilst treating skin to the comfort and well-being of intense nourishment. This body lotion is also available in Mediterranean Sea Salt, Country Rose, French Lavender, Japanese Cherry Blossom and Hawaiian Jasmine. I like Japanese cherry blossom scented things in general and haven’t really tried Nykaa’s Japanese Cherry blossom. But since, it has Oriental Floral olfactory roots, I would love to try that out next. I have tried cherry blossom lotions and potions from several other brands and I have never been disappointed with these notes. For me, I think that would be a safe bet next time. Nykaa claims this lotion locks up moisture within skin cells for up to 8 hours. This product is paraben-free, cruelty-free, vegan and contains the goodness of watermelon seed extracts and lotus extracts.
- The fragrance is just sooo good. If I were to categorize it like I do when I review perfumes, I’d say it it has a very sensual scent and is an ‘Oriental Floral’. I love oriental floral perfumes, so I naturally love the smell of this lotion.
- The bottle seems sturdy and of good quality. It has a press pump with a twist-lock to prevent accidental spills. So if you keep it locked and try to press down, you will be unable to press it unless you twist it back to the unlock position.
- The fragrance does last a fairly decent amount of time, but not that long either. I’d say a good three hours at max. If you really want to to last, you can layer up – that means use their shower gel and bodymist as well to get a more lingering effect.
- Nykaa says this is a winter lotion and is heavy duty with a lightweight feel. So, its supposed to be intensely moisturizing without the tacky feeling. I’d still prefer a butter for dry parched areas like hands and feet during winters when they tend to crack up.
- I think it’s a great lotion for after bath use. It keeps you feeling fresh and fragrant whilst infusing lost moisture back into your body.
Verdict: This is undoubtedly a good body lotion. I would recommend it to those who want a very fragrant lotion. If that is not something that matters and you’re just looking for good hydration, there are several other good options that are lower priced too. But if you consider the fragrant brands like Bath and Body Works or the Body Shop, they have similar products but are almost three times more expensive than Wanderlust.
Stay Beautiful, Inside Out, RUELHA www.ruelha.com © 2020 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
All information and media posted on this blog has been corroborated by me. I have put in a lot of effort, time and careful consideration to create articles, reviews, tutorials etc. All of my content is original and protected by copyright law. Please do not use my content or pictures/videos without my explicit permission. This blog solely manifests my own personal opinions and is uninfluenced by any company, brand or external party. I do not promote Nykaa and am not compensated for this review. I personally own and have purchased this product that I have sampled and/or reviewed. I cannot guarantee that these products will work in the same way they have worked for me. Please exercise caution and keep your specific conditions/skin, hair and body type in mind while trying out new products. Some of my articles may become obsolete or perhaps the article has content derived from past experiences and/or memories. Hence, I cannot guarantee that the information is recent or relevant. I am not a licensed professional and do not hold any certificates in the topics posted. It is a good idea to contact the manufacturer for exact specifications.