Packaging: The packaging is gorgeous. It is a regular sized carmine screwtop glass jar. But the lid is very eye catching. The lid is designed in away that it appears like a deep hued red garnet. It is as travel friendly as most of the face creams available. That means, it could be designed a little better to make it more travel friendly, if that is a priority for you.
Pricing: This night cream retails for INR 1499. It falls in the mid range section. It is competitively priced. Let me explain that. Most mid range brands have atleast two variety of night creams in the range of INR 499-799 and also a higher priced option within the brand, priced between INR 1299-1499. This is just the present market situation and is subject to change. So, even among the mid range brands, this is a higher priced night cream within the brand itself.
Fragrance: I really don’t know how to describe the fragrance. It does not have any strong fruity, oriental, floral notes. It smells like a regular facial cream. It is not lingering and is neither unpleasant nor amazing. It’s just normal.
Texture and appearance: As much as I love pink, I’d have to say they got it wrong here. It is a medium toned candy floss pink coloured cream. That makes me feel like a lot of added colour has gone into it that was probably unnecessary. It could also be natural colour from pomegranate extracts that is mentioned in the list if ingredients. The cream has a texture of a day cream rather than a night cream and is instantly absorbed by skin without any trace absolutely. No grease, no oil residue at all.
Ingredients: I have attached some pictures for your reference. The list of ingredients is super impressive. That is what prompted me to buy this product in the first place. I like active ingredients like retinol and I was happy to see so many cold pressed oils, no mineral oil or parabens, no phthalates, no sulphates. There are so many natural antioxidants from several fruits, flowers, nuts, leaves and active ingredients …that you’ll fall in love with the ingredients list. This product is cruelty free.
Experience: But, that’s what confuses me. The ingredients are awesome. I have gone through three bottles of serums from this very range and am extremely happy with their serum. But the cream is just so bad. Let me explain how and why!
- This manufacturer claims it is non comedogenic and it seemed to live up to that expectation. It did not irritate my skin in any way.
- It does not hydrate at all. It has a very dry formula. I would prefer a more intense or heavier cream at night, but no matter how much cream you slather, it just gets dry instantly.
- I thought I should wait and keep using this product before writing a bad review about it. Maybe the results would be good or there is a better way around it. So I kept using it. I used it in conjunction with the serum as well as on it’s own. But the results are just not there. The least I would expect from a night cream is hydration. My skin is just parched in the morning.
- Most women who invest in an ‘advanced night cream’ tend to have relatively drier skin and are in need of some basic hydration at least. This cream does not do that at all.
- I personally feel no cream can miraculously make wrinkles go away. However, proper hydration can cause the skin to plump up making wrinkles less visible. If skin is not hydrated, it does not plump up and wrinkles appear more deep set and visible.
- It would make an excellent day cream though. As a day cream, it is perfect as it’s instantly absorbed and there is no trace of grease or shine.
- Of course, if you’re used to sunscreen, you will need to add that as this cream does not contain sunscreen as it is designed for night use.
- It would be great for women in their early 20s who believe in starting with anti aging creams early….or even women with very oily skin.
- If you have dry skin, please steer away from this product.
Verdict: I am extremely disappointed with my purchase and will never buy this ever again. I purchased directly from St. Botanica after getting all impressed and excited when I read their list of ingredients. There was an offer at that time….buy two products and get the third for free. So, I bought the serum from the same range that I needed to restock anyway and two creams. I regret that decision now. I’ll be using it as a day cream now onwards!
Stay Beautiful Inside Out! -RUELHA www.ruelha.com