Physical Attributes : The shampoo is a transparent dark blackened purplish hue. It has a liquid gel consistency. The conditioner is white in colour and has the texture and consistency of a regular commercial conditioner.
Fragrance: It has a mild berry smell which is quite pleasant.
Pricing: The shampoo costs INR 245 for 360ml and INR 135 for 180ml,while the conditioner is priced at INR 170 for 175ml and INR 80 for 75ml. These products are very affordable.
Ingredients: The shampoo contains sulphates but this whole range is free from parabens.
Variants: Soy Milk and Almonds (for damaged hair), Royal Jelly and Lavender (for hairfall), Mythic Olive (hydrates hair and scalp), 5 Precious Herbs (fir lifeless hair) and this Henna Blackberry (adds shine). I have tried all of the variants before and I find this one to be the best in terms of fragrance and shine. The rest also have a similar effect on hair but this one just smells a whole lot better to me.
- It smells good
- It lathers well. So you will need lesser shampoo and eventually save more product and your bottle will last longer
- Is very affordable
- It makes hair nice and shiny
- Is great to cut down on frizz
- Does not weigh hair down
- Makes hair soft and manageable
- Performs way better than most expensive shampoos at a mere fraction of the cost
- Is a drugstore product and easily available
- The only con is that it contains SLS. Sulphates are what makes your shampoo lather. So shampoos with all natural ingredients do not contain sodium laureth sulphate, but they don’t lather well at all. They do not remove excess oil too easily and we end up using a lot of product because there is barely any lather. The thing about sulphates is that they’re drying to the hair and scalp. But, this shampoo does not dry my hair or scalp. And this conditioner does a wonderful job of making my hair smooth and silky so the sulphates in this product line do not bother me at all. I am extremely happy with Garnier Ultra Blends Henna and Blackberry shampoo and I am equally happy with the Garnier Ultra Blends Henna BlackBerry conditioner.
Verdict: I will continue to repurchase this shampoo and conditioner for as long as it is in production or I find something better.
Happy Hair Days to you! RUELHA