- Pricing: All versions of Nivea Soft including the limited edition items – Tropical Fruit, Berry Blossom and Chilled Mint are sold at the same rate. They retail at INR 270 for a 200ml jar, INR 160 for 100ml and INR 85 for 50ml which is less than a dollar. It is the same price as the regular plain Nivea Soft. However, the original Nivea Creme (dark blue jar) is priced at INR 499 for 400ml, INR 280 for 200ml and INR 149 for 100ml which is just marginally higher. I bought a 200ml Tropical Fruits container recently for 189 which is a good discounted rate.
- Fragrance: This limited edition Tropical Fruit version of Nivea Soft Light Moisturiser smells exactly like Pina Colada. So basically, it smells like sweet pineapple and coconut cream in a jar! All my favourite perfumes have very sweet, oriental or fruity notes. I absolutely love the smell of this cream. I find this to be the best variant and for some reason, the fragrance in this variant is a lot more powerful and long lasting as compared to any of the other variants.
- Ingredients: The limited edition versions (Tropical Fruit, Berry Blossom and Chilled Mint) contain Vitamin E and Jojoba Oil as additional ingredients.
- Efficacy : Nivea has been one of my favourite creams since forever. My mom used the blue tinned ones as a cold cream when I was a tiny toddler. This cream has been around since many years and the formula is so good that it never changed in all these decades. The only problem with the regular (dark blue container) cream is that it does not spread easily and requires some effort. But it definitely pays off because it really keeps skin super moisturized. I think the Light Moisturiser (white jar) was introduced about a decade ago. Since the time Nivea came out with it, I never stopped buying it. It is great as a cold cream for winter. You can use it on cracks and extremely dry skin. It spreads so easily unlike it’s blue cousin. It is easily absorbed by skin and is less greasy as compared to the original Nivea creme. It is an inexpensive drugstore product that is easily available everywhere in the world for a nominal price. It moisturizes better than most fancy expensive creams, body butters and lotions at a fraction of the cost. The only thing missing was the scent. Other expensive body butters could boast of fruity and sweet fragrances that I love so much. But now with the launch of these limited edition jars, that problem is solved too. It is my favourite and the most effective body cream/butter…and I have tried a lottttt! I always have a few jars of these lying around because I just love this cream.
- Verdict: I will keep repurchasing this product as long as they continue to manufacture it or until I die, whichever comes first. 😄🤗😆😉
Stay Beautiful, Inside Out! RUELHA