What is it? I was confused about this product too. Because it looks like a serum. The bottle is designed and packaged like a hair serum. But it says ‘oil’. Then it mentions all kinds of things like keratin, treatment, reconstructive, elixir and you’re wondering which of these issues does this product actually address. Let me break it down for you. System professional by Wella has formulated this unique blend of exotic oils, namely almond, argan and jojoba. Unlike most other serums that have nothing that nourishes from within but just mineral oil which just temporarily looks good, this blend actually nourishes your hair. The addition of keratin is great to smoothen hair and provide protection to frizzy/dry/brittle and chemically treated hair as well. It detangles and softens hair without weighing it down, making it easy to comb and style. This elixir has a glossy finish and does make hair appear lovely too. So it is a detangler, serum, oil, leave-in treatment…all-in-one!
Fragrance: The best thing about this product is the fragrance. It smells like some delicious caramel dessert infused with hints of vanilla-laced berries with a mild cocoa feel. I tried my best to describe it. But trust me, it smells delicious. The smell is not over-powering, but it does linger for a while which is definitely a good thing.
Pricing: It is currently priced at INR1000 for 30ml which is steep. This thing is expensive. I bought it over a year ago. At that time, the price was INR 920 for 30ml which is still on the pricey side.
Physical Attributes: The texture is smooth and non greasy with a mild lubricative feel. The consistency is not very viscous and is easily spreadable. It is a transparent fluid that has a golden tinge.
Ingredients: Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethiconol, Alcohol Denat., Parfum, Tocopheryl Acetate, Amyl Cinnamal, Hexyl Cinnamal, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Linalool, Argania Spinosa Kernal Oil, Geraniol, Aqua, Simmondsia Chinensis Seed Oil, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis Oil, Camellia Oleifera Seed Oil, Limonene. This serum is sulphate free. Please check with the manufacturers or your retailer before purchasing for accurate information. Remember products get upgraded and their compositions may change from time to time.
How to Use: Rub a few drops between the palms of your hands and apply on you hair. Spread it well all through your tresses. You can use it before shampooing like oil, after shampooing like a mask, on damp hair as a detangler, on dry hair for protection/shine/as a touch up.
- Contains the goodness of keratin and that helps fill in amd smoothen the cracks in each strand of hair. It infuses into the hair structure to transform hair from the inside out.
- Eliminates frizz and makes hair feel softer.
- Argan, Jojoba and Almond oils nourish the hair from within.
- One stop solution as it combines hair care and styling.
- Can be used as a pre-shampoo treatment, but I strongly recommend coconut oil which is better and a whole lot cheaper too.
- Provides protection from heat styling.
- Gives a gorgeous silky beautiful shine.
- Can be used as an overnight treatment like a leave-in conditioner or masque.
- Is sulphate free
- Is very light weight and won’t wear you down.
- Provides UV protection.
- Is very travel friendly. 30ml containers can be carried in cabin baggage.
- Good packaging. Comes in a plastic pump bottle unlike many glass bottled serums (I accidentally broke an expensive serum many years ago when I dropped it).
- Smells deliciously divine.
- Suitable for use on all hair types
- Can be used on wet, damp and dry hair.
- Contains alcohol
Verdict: Great product for frizzy hair and as a detangler. It is definitely one of the best smelling hair care/styling products available in the market. It is expensive though. I don’t usually need a detangler/product to add shine because I almost-always oil my hair before washing it. But, if you skip the oiling part and on days your hair feels too dry or if you over-shampooed, this is such a blessing. Since, I use it so sparingly, it works out fine for me. In fact I would prefer if they made a 15ml or 20ml pump or screwtop capped bottle which would be appropriately priced too. I’m not sure if I’ll end up using even half of the quantity before it expires. But it’s definitely a good product.
Happy Hair Days To You! - RUELHA