Thank you Mercy for nominating me for this award. Mercy is a kind hearted lady whose posts are always inspiring. I love reading her articles. Her blog is called herrychiccounsels and I have posted the link below so you can check it out too. God bless you Mercy.
Ten things that make me happy are below
- Dressing Up, putting on some makeup, girly stuff: I seldom ever get opportunities to dress up so when I do, I just go overboard and end up like a Christmas tree with just too much happening 🤣🙃😅. But it feels good once in a way to get dressed, wear happy colours and clothes and even shiny makeup maybe …and feel pretty.🥿🥻💄💍👗👠
- Writing: I write from my heart. My blog means so much more to me than anyone could possibly comprehend. Writing is an outlet and a form of expression to me. …Maybe someday someone in the world will understand and interpret what I really intendeded to communicate.📝📜📄📖📚🔍🖋
- Praying and listening to praise and Worship music: basically feeling connected to God and living in communion with Him. I surrendered to Jesus a few years ago now and since then, I like staying in touch with the Alpha and Omega. He brings me peace….always.
- Walking: I have always loved walking since a very young age. When I’m lonely, depressed, anxious or just pensive – I walk. I prefer unfamiliar territories or the streets where nobody knows you and nobody is watching you. If your eyes are moist or you look like a wreck, it don’t matter in a crowd.
- Colours: 🌈I love bright happy colours. Adding a splash of colour makes me feel a strange kind of happiness. To me, colours resemble freedom…freedom of choice. Today I’m sitting with fluorescent nail paint at home, during a lockdown …just because I want to feel free-spirited and bright and shiny. It’s for me, not for anybody else. In fact if someone were to see it, they’d call me a clown and look at my fingers with disgust.🟡🟢
- Sleeping : I hate waking up early in the morning. I take quite a while to shake off the grouchiness. Sleeping is so relaxing….you should try it sometime 😉😜. Somedays I just want to sleep and never want to have to wake up….like ever again. 😴
- Bathing: This is such a luxury. In India, most homes have tiny bathrooms and cannot really accommodate a tub. I was an airline crew for many years and it involved travelling daily with a lot of hotel stays. As normal as it was, the best part about being in a hotel was being able to take a nice bath in a tub. That’s all I wanted – a good soak. However tired and long the flight was, and no matter how late at night or early in the morning I checked in, I always had time/energy for a long bath. I know it sounds stupid, but…I love bathtubs and baths.🛁🧼🚿
- Going out for a nice meal :I love experimenting with food and cuisines. Although I cook some variety at home, I rarely eat much of what I cook myself. Especially if it’s a good dish, I like watching my family enjoy my food instead. But outside, it’s about the whole experience. The joy of planning ahead, prioritizing and making time on the calendar, getting all excited about it days before, getting dressed and feeling pretty, the drive/ride, fun conversations, the yummy food of course, no worry about cooking or cleaning up the kitchen, dishes, menu planning, a different environment, a new experience, maybe a new place or cuisine.
- Travelling : I like travelling, feeling free and experiencing different cultures, food, people. I love places that are scenic and have a lot of natural beauty like hill stations, beaches, wildlife sanctuaries or even places that have a lot of history …as compared to big busy cities.
- Clicking Pictures : I love taking pictures of everything. Everything is a moment; no moment ever lasts forever….good/bad/ugly. I like capturing moments. Because moments become memories all too soon. I prefer taking pictures of people, food, flowers, makeup and selfies. I have pics of my dad’s funeral and that may seem weird to most people but it’s a memory.. ..a sad one, but still a memory.
My 5 nominees are: