I have been using this product since 2 years now. I have repurchased it twice already so you can trust this review because I have a very long term experience with this product 🤗
- Packaging: The packaging is good. It is a sturdy glass bottle with a pump at the top. They provide a protective case for the pump so there is no accidental spillage and wastage. It is a small travel-friendly bottle.
- Quantity : You get 20ml which is a fairly decent quantity for a serum considering you will not need too much. Mine lasted around 6months while I used it almost every alternate day on average.
- Expiry: This product has a shelf life of 2 years as claimed by the manufacturer
- Fragrance : I find it difficult to describe the fragrance. It is rather mild and is neither unpleasant nor ambrosial.
- Texture and Consistency : It had a thin watery consistency and spreads well so use it sparingly. Remember you will require just 1-2 pumps, no more. Although it is almost as thin as water, it feels like there are minutely coarse particles within it. The liquid is light yellowish in colour. It gets absorbed in an instant and feels very lightweight.
- Pricing : The MRP is INR1799 at present. But, you know me – I love a good deal. I bought it for 1199 the first time and then I paid 899 for the second one. The one I recently purchased cost me 999. So now you know the approximate range of discounts.
- Ingredients : I love products with active ingredients like vitamin A. I understand the dangers associated with synthetic forms of vitamin A. But, over -the-counter available products do not usually come in harmful doses. This ingredient works like a charm for everything. Be it acne, wrinkles, pores shrinking – vitamin A has been the answer to all my woes since decades. This serum boasts of 2.5% retinol (a form of vitamin A), vitamin E which is a good antioxidant and vitamin C which helps with the elasticity and collagen in the skin. Another lovely ingredient here is Hyaluronic acid which is great for keeping skin hydrated. These are just the ingredients that convinced me to purchase this product.
- Usage: Pump a tiny amount on your finger and spread all over your face and neck. It is a good idea to follow up with a moisturizer as the skin can feel a bit dry with this serum at times.
- Claims : The manufacturer claims this face serum will eliminate skin dryness and damage caused from sun exposure and pollution, maintains elasticity while promoting collagen synthesis and exfoliating dead skin. This product does not contain mineral oil and toxic chemicals such as paraben, phthalate, and sulfates. It has not been tested on animals. St.Botanica is a PETA-certified cruelty-free brand.
- Efficacy: While st. Botanica’s serum definitely does not hydrate, it helps with wrinkles, pore-reduction and evening out one’s skintone.
- Negatives : You will need to invest in a seperate moisturizer. The price is also on the higher side.
I hope my review helps you to make an informed decision. Please note I am not a dermatologist and do not hold any certificate in the topics posted. I certainly hope my review helps you in some way, but please exercise caution keep your specific skin conditions in mind before using any new products.
Stay Beautiful Always, Inside out, Ruelha www.ruelha.com