I don’t really see dill too often where I presently live. And I found a whole bunch at the grocery store a month ago. I like variety in food. I had no plan and didn’t really think it through but I bought a whole bunch. Later at home, I thought well, I’ll just make my usual stove-top garlic potatoes and add some dill for freshness. That is exactly what I did and it was delicious.
- 5 medium sized Potatoes cut into thumb sized cubes
- half pod of garlic, crushed
- chopped Dill, 1 full cup tightly packed
- salt to taste
- oil as required
- Take about 4 tbsp of oil. I like the flavour of sesame oil so that is what I used. You can use any cooking oil. Heat the oil well in a large bottomed pan/kadhai.
- Add crushed garlic and saute for few seconds. Garlic burns quickly so don’t wait too long.
- Add the chopped potato cubes and stir occasionally
- Cover the pan with a lid after frying the potatoes till the edges are little crisp
- Add salt
- Potatoes take a while to cook so be patient and keep the flame low.
- Once cooked add the chopped dill leaves and mix.
This recipe serves 4 people as a side dish. We ate this with grilled meat and a vinaigrette salad….culinary paradise 🙂